Sunday, January 22, 2012

snuggies and ski masks

So there I was, handing my gold jewelry to a man in a ski mask.  Wait, WHAT?


  Yesterday we headed up to Indianapolis for my niece's birthday party. The roads were pretty gross, we had gotten a bunch of ice and closer towards Indy they had gotten some snow. So we were driving up the road and we see this guy standing on the corner waving a sign to promote tax services. I'm sure you've seen them before, wearing a snuggie like dress and a crown to look like the Statue of Liberty. Except yesterday, it wasn't Statue of Liberty green, it was red. Not really sure why that was, maybe his green snuggie was dirty. Who knows.
  Anyways, we continued on our way, and next we see a guy holding a sign that says "We buy gold."  He was standing in front of what had used to be a residential house, but apparently had been turned into a gold buying business.  Now, I really don't have a whole lot of nice jewelry, and nothing I am currently in the mood to part with, but if I was, I am pretty sure I would take it to a pawn shop or the gold buying place at the mall. Not some random, shady looking house along the side of the road.   And as if the whole setup wasn't shady enough, the guy standing out front trying to drum up business was wearing a freaking ski mask.    Even if I had been considering making a gold sale, that ski mask would have stopped me in my tracks.  I understand it was only 20 something degrees out, but seriously, think about it buddy!  Nothing says "I'm running a reputable gold buying establishment" than a guy in a ski mask! WOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment